Saturday, April 23, 2011

I bought this car in Santa Fe, NM, a few years back. I have been doing small jobs here and there, but I am really trying to get moving with a ground-up restoration. I got the car mostly rust-free, but the Northeastern winters have not been so kind and it has been living on the street. The car was also the victim of a hit-and-run while parked in South Philadelphia, probably by a Septa bus. The passenger door was severely damaged, as well as the front fender and front clip. I almost sold it after that, but was talked out of it by my then-girlfriend, now-wife. So she gets credit for saving the car.
The engine is pretty much stock, with a Weber 32/36. I replaced the points with Pertronix electronic ignition soon after I got the car. It runs pretty well, with minimal smoke on deceleration. I drove it from Philadelphia to Connecticut with no trouble.
I have been able to rebuild the front and rear suspension with Bilstein sport struts and Ireland Engineering stage 1 springs. The front left strut is bent, however; so the camber is less negative on that side than on the right.
I put in some seats from a Honda Prelude until I can get something nicer in there. The rear seats were deleted.
I am looking for garage space to rent right now so I can get moving on tearing out the interior and planning the next move.

No comments:

Post a Comment